Thursday 24 July 2008

A new Quilt is born.




My quilt is finished,and I'm happy with it. First I thought it was a bit too light but then I made purple love hearts all over the quilt and now it looks much better. It is now ready to go in the guest room. I machine quilted it and make some circles in the purple pinwheels.
Everyday I spot new blogs and I'm still surprised that there are heaps of nice crafty blogs.
Today I visited http://www.sewtakeahike.typepad.com/ and she is organizing a great give away. It's a great blog, so go and have a look.
Yesterday I have been with one of my girls to Cinderella on Ice. It was super!! So if you are in the Wellington (NZ) area, you have to see it. It is so great !!
Last but not least, I had my first sale on Etsy this week. I was very exiting and it gave me a lot of courage to go on with making things, for my little shop.

2 comments:

Berber said...

Lovely quilt!

D@nielle said...

omg that quilt is amazing !

Introducing

This is the first time that I write in my blog.
I am Jacoline, me and my family emigrated to New Zealand from The Netherlands 3 years ago.
I can tell you, we went through some hard times in those 3 years, but we found our dream.

We bought a lovely home close to the beach. I spend a lot of time in our garden which has a lot of fruit trees, a nice vegetable garden and great flowers.

I love to shop in secondhand shops and garages sales are the best invention ever.
My days are filled with craft, cooking , baking and of course my 3 girls.
I try to have a beachwalk every day and on wednesday I join the quilt club.

We are still busy with rebuiling the house to make it a great home.
We like traveling and like to discover our new country.
I keep you updated with new stories, recipes, ideas and pictures every week.