Tuesday 19 August 2008

Almost spring!!







On the first of September we get spring in New Zealand. We didn't have a cold winter but is was wet and windy. So spring is more than welcome. It feels if we had already a spring day today. The sun was out and it was nice and warm. I've been in the garden planting my summer seeds. I put some giant sunflower seeds in the back of my veggie garden against the garage wall from the neighbours. I can't wait till the are there. They are real summer for me. Pumpkin seeds from our own pumpkin from last year and poppieseeds from the neighbours are in little pots now. My mini glasshouse will give them some extra heat and if I give them every now and then some water they will absolutely grow under the warm NZ sun.

My second daughter made some nice jewellery and likes to sell them in my Etsy shop. As a proud mum we made photo's and put them in the shop. Hopefully she will have some good luck.

1 comment:

corry said...

I love sunflowers too! They remind me of summer and vacation in France. I took a look at your etsystore and I liked what I saw...very beautiful jewellery indeed!

Introducing

This is the first time that I write in my blog.
I am Jacoline, me and my family emigrated to New Zealand from The Netherlands 3 years ago.
I can tell you, we went through some hard times in those 3 years, but we found our dream.

We bought a lovely home close to the beach. I spend a lot of time in our garden which has a lot of fruit trees, a nice vegetable garden and great flowers.

I love to shop in secondhand shops and garages sales are the best invention ever.
My days are filled with craft, cooking , baking and of course my 3 girls.
I try to have a beachwalk every day and on wednesday I join the quilt club.

We are still busy with rebuiling the house to make it a great home.
We like traveling and like to discover our new country.
I keep you updated with new stories, recipes, ideas and pictures every week.