Saturday 28 March 2009

Stuffed peppers.

So fresh and dont' you like the colour?

Stuffed with mince and then in the over for almost a hour.



I love cooking and baking and I realize that I never write about it on my blog. Most of the time I make my own recipes and make something with what we have in the garden or fridge.
I prefer organic and with your own veggie garden is that easy , cheap and healthy.
Last week I went with my daughter to a farmer to pick our own apples and much more. We picked peppers as well and I made that evening stuffed peppers. I made a mince filling and a tomato sauce and served it with basmati rice. It was a great dinner. Because we had a big bag of peppers I made two dishes at the same time. One for in the freezer for later on when we have a busy day!

3 comments:

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Jacoline (Lien) I do indeed love the colours, and the idea that you could pick peppers and apples on a day out. The photos are good and I will try out the dish (using meat for the carnivores and a meat alternative for the vegetarians in the family)at Easter. Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it very much. hugs Margie.

sewtakeahike said...

this looks amazing Jacoline! The color of the peppers is so deep, just beautiful!

walter and me said...

What amazing peppers...and the colour's so vivid. They're a different shape from the peppers we get here in the uk.

Introducing

This is the first time that I write in my blog.
I am Jacoline, me and my family emigrated to New Zealand from The Netherlands 3 years ago.
I can tell you, we went through some hard times in those 3 years, but we found our dream.

We bought a lovely home close to the beach. I spend a lot of time in our garden which has a lot of fruit trees, a nice vegetable garden and great flowers.

I love to shop in secondhand shops and garages sales are the best invention ever.
My days are filled with craft, cooking , baking and of course my 3 girls.
I try to have a beachwalk every day and on wednesday I join the quilt club.

We are still busy with rebuiling the house to make it a great home.
We like traveling and like to discover our new country.
I keep you updated with new stories, recipes, ideas and pictures every week.