Saturday 30 May 2009

Crazy things.

This is my crazy home made cake stand. I bought a box of old cups and plates on a cat boot sale and it was standing in my cub board for weeks without using it, because there where never enough plates for a whole table setting. I don't lite it if things are standing there and you never use it so this was my idea.
I put it all together with super glue and my cake stand was born.
It looks great with home made chocolate cookies. But you can also use it with all sorts of things. With a Little vase of flowers on top and cookies and cakes on the other plate you serve a great high tea.





Last year we started to renovate the kitchen. But then it became summer and we stoped working on this project. We had visitors over for the whole summer and with the great weather we love to spend our time outside. But the winter is back again so we started in the kitchen again.
Lat Sunday we made plans for the kitchen doors, so we replace them for new ones. Lieke had a friend over and we ask them to decorate the old doors with felt. They were really surprised and started the same minute. We told the friend: Not to do this at home!!
You imagine they had great fun!



I'll keep you updated with the renovation. We ordered a new range hood and the lady form the shop already told us that there was a delay, so we have to wait a few more weeks, there is always something.





6 comments:

Cut&Alter said...

That is such a GREAT idea - you often see just a couple of pretty items in the opshop and this is a fantastic way to use them. I might just need to go hunting! x

LissyLou said...

The cake stand looks great. Can't wait to see your kitchen renovation, those doors look just like the ones in my kitchen!!

Unknown said...

Great idea!
Love your quilts too :-)

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Ingenious ideas, the cake stand looks fantastic and the biscuits too, the girls certainly picked up your creative talents.good luck with the renovations looking forward to the updates, hugs Margie.

basiclabelSweden said...

Lucky me that i fond a new zealand girl! hihihi.... Great idea, i can smile them ;o) greeting from a Dutch in Sweden.

Anonymous said...

Nou je hebt er een prachtige koekjes-schaal van gemaakt !! Kom maar eens op het idee :)
Wat spannend dat de kinderen op de keukendeurtjes mochten tekenen... dat gebeurt je niet alle dagen !
Ben benieuwd naar het vervolg...
Fijne week nog, Janneke.

Introducing

This is the first time that I write in my blog.
I am Jacoline, me and my family emigrated to New Zealand from The Netherlands 3 years ago.
I can tell you, we went through some hard times in those 3 years, but we found our dream.

We bought a lovely home close to the beach. I spend a lot of time in our garden which has a lot of fruit trees, a nice vegetable garden and great flowers.

I love to shop in secondhand shops and garages sales are the best invention ever.
My days are filled with craft, cooking , baking and of course my 3 girls.
I try to have a beachwalk every day and on wednesday I join the quilt club.

We are still busy with rebuiling the house to make it a great home.
We like traveling and like to discover our new country.
I keep you updated with new stories, recipes, ideas and pictures every week.