Wednesday 27 May 2009

Quilt tree.


Today I went to my quilt class and the teacher ask me if I was interested in a quilt tree. I love the idea to get pieces of material from all over the world to make a great quilt.
You have to send the first person in the row 2 pieces (6" each) of material. It have to be PURPLE and 100% cotton. Then you make 4 copies of the letter and send them to 4 friends who quilt, along with two 6" squares of your purple fabric.
There is no money involved. It should be a lot of fun for those of us who like to quilt.

I can send it to 4 random friend but I really like to send it to people who are interested so no one breaks the chain. All together you should receive 72 squares in return. That should be enough to make a quilt. It will be fun to see where the squares come from, and what they will look like when you put them together.

If you like the idea and like to receive a letter with two 6" squares leave a comment or e-mail me. I'll send the first 4 the quilt tree info and the squares.
I already have to send my first one from the list to Ireland. So it will be very international. Great fun!

5 comments:

Marian said...

Dat klinkt wel erg goed. Het lijkt mij erg leuk om mee te doen!

Heleen said...

Leuk idee.
Ik vind de kussens die gemaakt hebt ook erg mooi! echt gezellig.

liset said...

Oh wat spannend! Klinkt erg goed en leuk!
En moooooooooie quilts op de bank! Echt zo gaaf!

Cut&Alter said...

I would love to take part - it sounds great! x

Erna said...

that would be so much fun! Purple is not really my colour but if it would be red I definitely would take part!

Introducing

This is the first time that I write in my blog.
I am Jacoline, me and my family emigrated to New Zealand from The Netherlands 3 years ago.
I can tell you, we went through some hard times in those 3 years, but we found our dream.

We bought a lovely home close to the beach. I spend a lot of time in our garden which has a lot of fruit trees, a nice vegetable garden and great flowers.

I love to shop in secondhand shops and garages sales are the best invention ever.
My days are filled with craft, cooking , baking and of course my 3 girls.
I try to have a beachwalk every day and on wednesday I join the quilt club.

We are still busy with rebuiling the house to make it a great home.
We like traveling and like to discover our new country.
I keep you updated with new stories, recipes, ideas and pictures every week.